When you contact your favorite programs, remember to let them know the call letters and frequency of your favorite Kinship Radio station. It makes a difference! Thank you!
KINSHIP RADIO NETWORK
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of Kinship Radio’s Executive Director, oversee the network’s operational functions, including its automation system as well as satellite functions. In addition, this position will oversee the IT needs of the radio network as well as technical operations of the studios and related equipment. This position will be called on to develop the network’s digital platform including, but not limited to, its web presence, social media oversight, and digital content. This position will also be called upon to represent the network as needed at outreach functions.
- Manage technical operations of network’s radio stations including radio automation system
- Generate daily program logs, making modifications as needed
- Provide supervision of satellite technology and related program acquisition
- Maintain functionality of network’s central on air and production studios
- In cooperation with the ED, periodically audit station systems and procedures to ensure smooth daily on-air activity. Guide solutions to related problems in cooperation with staff, informing ED of needed technical improvements
- Ensure that network has evergreen program back-up library.
- Produce/engineer live radio shows as needed, especially for ministry’s annual on-air fundraisers.
- Provide support for low/mid-level engineering issues.
- Serve as ministry’s Assistant Chief Operator.
- Assume responsibility for organization’s IT/network operations, including program signal stability via internet
- Ensure secure connections between network departments including VPN connections
- Oversee the network telephone system, including live call-in issues
- Assist staff with technical issues related to computers, and office communications (Gmail, Calendar, documents and so forth).
- Provide documentation/diagramming for areas of technical oversight in the department
- With the ED, serve as visionary and architect for the ministry’s nascent digital platform
- Maintain ministry website including creation of custom web applications, landing pages, and so forth.
- Oversee the quality of network streams and report on related metrics
- Work with ministry leadership in the ideation, creation and launch of new, relatable podcasts and other digital content
Other duties as assigned, including representation at church and community events as needed.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Deep comprehension of Christian radio full-service format (teaching, talk, and music) and affiliated listenership
- Solid command of radio automation systems. Knowledge of RCS products a plus
- A passion for researching and pursuing emerging technology and potential benefits to the ministry’s constituents
- Ability to relatably train others in technical matters
- Skilled with radio production and editing software
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- Leadership ability, including motivation, and inspiration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Honesty and integrity
- Highly detailed
- Ability to manage time effectively
- This is a full-time position, typically 5 days per week, 8:00-4:30 p.m.
- Some mandatory night and weekends hours needed to support ministry events
- Some travel may be required to attend station functions.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee occasionally may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Kinship Radio is a network of stations and online media ministry that exists to proclaim that Jesus is Lord through worship in the Word. We accomplish this through our network of terrestrial radio stations in Southern Minnesota and Northern Iowa as well as our digital platforms.
- Candidates must intrinsically align with Kinship Radio’s Christian values. All employees are expected to sign a doctrinal statement and abide by the organization’s code of conduct.
- We comply with all applicable laws pertaining to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and any other applicable legally protected category. As a religious institution, we have the right to, and do, require that employees hold beliefs consistent with our doctrinal Statement and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with our religious beliefs, as explained in our code of conduct.
- If you have a heart for the lost and seek to build up the local church through media ministry and service, we encourage you to apply to join our team.
To apply, forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.