Thank you for your interest in Kinship Radio’s Operations Manager position. To more fully understand the requirements, please see the attached job description.
If you would like to continue the application process after reviewing the information, please forward a cover letter, resume demo to: BethC@kinshipradio.org. Should you have any initial questions, please feel free to contact Beth Crosby at BethC@kinshipradio.org or 800-810-5559.
This Job Description is to give a general overall picture of the nature of the duties for the job title named below. This Job Description is subject to change as needed and as determined by the Executive Director and/or the Minn-Iowa Christian Broadcasting Board of Directors.
OPERATIONS MANAGER (OM)
KINSHIP RADIO NETWORK
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of Kinship Radio’s Program Director, oversee the network’s on-air station operational functions, including logging, program modifications, satellite operational functions as relating to smooth programming presentation and transitions. In addition, this position may be called on to produce spots, contribute on-air features and represent the network as needed in community functions.
Operations and Programming Responsibilities:
- Generate daily program logs, making modifications for special programming or program changes. This includes strategic programming of approved fund-raising and spot campaigns.
- Work with Program Director (PD) and Chief Engineer to oversee the automation system, including supervision of satellite program recording and loading network/ outside program.
- Oversee spot traffic and loading of spots into automation system.
- Work in cooperation with PD to implement program adjustments, and strategically schedule spots relating to up-coming on-air campaigns.
- Ensure that station music appears on daily log in accordance with Kinship Radio’s music policy. This includes importing and scheduling of Kinship Radio’s music in tandem with PD.
- Meet regularly with PD to assess on-air sound/operational functions, making recommendations for on-going enhancements.
- Ensure that network has evergreen program back-up library to use if necessary.
- In cooperation with the PD, periodically audit station systems and procedures related to operations to ensure smooth daily on-air activity. Guide solutions to related problems in cooperation with staff, informing PD of needed technical improvements
- Responsible for Kinship Radio’s FCC Quarterly Issues reporting
- Write and produce local copy, spots, and features as needed.
- Serve as a substitute host/board operator in emergencies when necessary
- Represent station at church and community events and remotes as assigned.
- Communicate with leaders at local community organizations to strengthen partnerships.
Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Deep comprehension of Christian radio full-service format (teaching, talk, and music) and affiliated listenership
- Understanding and ability to “translate” radio research results into desirable station sound
- Solid command of radio automation systems
- Skilled with radio production and editing software
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- Leadership ability, including delegation, motivation, and inspiration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Honesty and integrity
- Highly detailed
- Ability to manage time effectively