When you contact your favorite programs, remember to let them know the call letters and frequency of your favorite Kinship Radio station. It makes a difference! Thank you!
Kinship Radio is seeking an individual to fill the position of a Development Director. The position is full time. This position’s responsibilities are outlined below. Call 800-810-5559 or stop by the station at 860 Madison Ave, Mankato, MN for more information. If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to: TracyJ@KinshipRadio.org.
Kinship Radio Network Development Director
POSITION SUMMARY: This full-time position reports to the Kinship Radio’s Executive Director and serves on Kinship Radio’s Leadership team. The Development Director serves in a pastoral-type role in which contact with donors serves as an extension of the broadcast ministry. This position will be ready to listen to donors share their lives, and offer to pray with them. Clear understanding of the mission of the station, and how it is accomplished is a must as is having a solid understanding of how Christian radio can transform listener lives. This team-oriented individual may also be called upon to imaginatively sharing biblical truth on-air in an encouraging, relatable way, especially during on-air fundraising efforts.
- Possesses a strong commitment to the Lord; love for Him, and for people
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits prospective donors and business underwriters
- Works with Kinship Radio leaders to create and facilitate meetings with donors.
- Attends area events including: breakfasts, galas, networking events and so forth to engage prospective donors and business underwriters. These may occur outside normal business hours.
- Maintain donor and underwriter communication records in organization’s CRM software
- Strategizes, plans and executes fundraising for both donors and business underwriting
- Contribute to major donor appeals, media kits, promotion pieces and supporting communication
- Collaborate with marketing, programming, production and other staffers to ensure consistent branding
- Maintain area budget and ensure accuracy with expense records and accounting.
- Grow, dream and innovate by participating in staff meetings that advance fulfillment of the network’s mission.
- Interact with listeners, ministry leaders and business partners in a way that promotes Kinship Radio.
- Represent Kinship Radio at churches and community events to increase ministry visibility.
- Serve as on-air contributor to Kinship Radio’s fundraising efforts and related programming.
- Possess a strong understanding of FCC regulations for not for profit underwriting
- Perform related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong writing skills; excellent grammar; concise in written communications Undergraduate degree preferred
- Team-oriented individual
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Like-minded resonance and commitment to Kinship Radio’s mission and vision are required
- Ability to work in the United States legally, without sponsorship
- Previous experience in fundraising in a non-profit environment is desirable.
- This is a full-time position, typically 5 days per week, 8:00-4:30 p.m.
- Some mandatory nights, weekend, and holiday hours needed to support ministry events
- Travel may be required to visit ministry partners and donors within the Southern Minnesota, South Central Iowa region.
- Occasional travel may be required outside of these areas
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
- Physical Activity may include talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers including pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand as in handling.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer · terminal; extensive reading.
If you have a heart for the lost and seek to build up the local church through media ministry and service, we encourage you to apply to join our team.